It has been quiet here from sometime and I am finding myself short of words now, it was difficult to stay away from my passion of food and blogging and I could not resist myself to come back with a post.
We have been experiencing quite a few sandstorms since last month, usually I avoid going out in dusty weather but blame my fate, we went out on one such dusty day and I subsequently fell ill with very bad allergic cough, which was not settling since weather continued to be bad, and after N number of doctor visits, drowsy days, sleepless nights, 5 boxes of tissues, 4 bottles of cough syrup and lots of homemade medicines later, I am finally al right...phew..what a relief.
I missed playing holi and stayed away from Thandai, but I badly wanted to drink thandai and as drinking anything cold was not an option for me, I made biscuits instead with the thandai spice. These biscuits were super good with spices like fennel, cardamom and black pepper and fragrant with rose and rosewater. They were perfect for tea time.
Powdered Sugar- 75 Grams
Butter- 100 Grams
Salt- A Pinch
All Purpose Flour- 150 Grams
Corn Flour- 30 Grams
Baking Soda- 1/4 Tsp
Ground Thandai Masala - 1/4 Cup
Rose Water- 2 Tbsp
- Beat sugar, butter and salt together with a hand held beater on medium speed till creamy.
- In a separate bowl sift together all purpose flour, cornflour, baking soda, thandai spice powder.
- Add this flour mix into the butter mixture. Now add in rosewater.
- Mix everything together to form a dough. Divide the dough into two parts. Out of one part make a rectangular log . Wrap the log in cling film. Repeat the same with other round of dough.
- Keep both logs to chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- After an hour take out the logs and cut them into approx 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Arrange the slices about 1/2 inch apart in a greased baking tray and bake in the pre heated oven initially for 12 minutes then flip the cookies and bake again for another 5-6 minutes.
- The cookies will firm up on cooling.
- Once completely cool, store in an airtight container.