Happy Dussehra....celebrate the festival with this heart friendly but at the same time delicious kheer. My family enjoyed this kheer a lot and it's not very time consuming to make.
I have used only saffron and cardamom for the flavouring. Nuts can be added to make the kheer more rich and flavourful.
Milk- 3 Cups ( I have used half cream milk)
Carrot- 1 medium (grated)
Oats- 2 tbsp
Sugar- 4 tbsp( or more)
Saffron- A pinch soaked in a tbsp of warm milk
Cardamom Powder- A pinch
- Dry roast the oats for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a pan and add the grated carrots.
- Once the carrots get cooked add in the oats.
- Continue boiling and keep stirring in between.
- The oats will cook in around 5 minutes.
- Once the oats have cooked add in the sugar and soaked saffron. Boil for another 5 minutes and add in the cardamom powder.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Sending this kheer to Diwali Special-Sweets & Savouries, Serve it- Festival Potluck, Diwali Sweet Recipes- Festival recipes-Indian sweet recipes, Diwali- Festival of Lights, My Diwali My Way