Before few days I got an invite from Arva of I live in a frying pan to join the Fooderati Arabia group...can't tell you how excited I was. I immediately accepted the invite and was happy to be a part of the group consisting of talented bloggers from UAE...these guys have wonderful blogs and I was amazed at how active they were in the group. They meet regularly, organize many monthly events, outings and they are a great support group.
Through this group I came to know about Breast Cancer Awareness event. October is Breast Cancer awareness month and I am contributing by making a pink post. For people residing in Dubai~ our two fellow FIA members Rajani And Lin are donating 10% of their sales to the Safe & Sound- Breast Cancer Awareness Programme. Visit them at their FB page to know more.
Do support the breast cancer campaign by liking Safe & Sound.
Cottage Cheese( Paneer)- 250 grams
Condensed Milk- 3/4 Cup
Cardamom Powder- A pinch
Beetroot Purée- 1 tsp ( or few drops of red food colour)
Clarified Butter( ghee)- 2 tsp
- Grate and mash the cottage cheese.
- In a non stick pan add in the clarified butter along with cottage cheese and condensed milk and cook on low heat.
- When the mixture starts thickening and leaving the sides of pan add in the cardamom powder and turn of the heat.
- Transfer the mixture in a plate and divide it in two parts.
- In one part add in the beetroot purée/ food colour and mix it nicely. The mixture will turn pink in colour.
- Once the mixture cools take out a portion out of the white part and roll it in a small marble size round and keep aside.
- Then take the pink colour dough and take out a big portion out of it. Roll it in a little big round and then with thumb make an impression in the centre, keep the white coloured small marble inside it and then seal all the sides and make a round ball.
- Repeat the process with other balls as well.
- I made some with white centre and some with pink centre.
These are best when served fresh but can also be kept in refrigerator for 2 days.
Do check out what our other FIA members have posted for this event-
The Pink Ribbon - According To Dina
Pink Ribbon Salad- Life in the food lane
Strawberry & Fig Tartlet- Eaternal Zest
Raspberry Melting Moments/ Orange Blossom Fig Torte- La Me`re Culinaire
Super Foods And Cancer- Irina Savva
Chicken Curry Spring Rolls- Ginger & Scotch
Going Pink- Devina Divecha