HAPPY NEW YEAR
Bottle gourd is known by various names like Opo Squash, Long Melon or Calabash in English and as Lauki, Ghiya, Doodhi in hindi and as Suraikkaii in Tamil. Bottle gourd is a treasure chest of goodness. Let me list some health benefits of bottle gourd-
- Bottle gourd comprises of 96% of water so it is very good for kids and people with digestive disorders as it is very light on stomach and relieves constipation.
- It has got only 12 calories per 100 grams so it is ideal for weight watchers.
- It is very high in sodium and potassium and is helpful for people with hypertension.
Now coming back to the event there are some rules for this event-
- "Bottle Gourd" has to be the star ingredient in the dish.
- Prepare a vegetarian recipe (eggs are allowed).
- The recipe can be for breakfast, lunch, dinner, starters, entrées, side dishes, snacks, desserts and beverages.
- Recipe has to be NEW. Archived entries are NOT allowed. I know you all are very creative so put on your thinking caps.
- Use of the logo is mandatory to help spread the word about the event.
- Link your post to this announcement and to Priya's event page.
- Non bloggers are also welcome just send me your name, recipe and a picture and I will include it in the round up.
- Please send me your entries between Jan'01 to Jan'31 at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'bottle gourd' as the subject. Your details must include-
- Your Name
- Name of the blog
- Recipe Name
- Recipe URL
- Photograph of your dish. Please ensure the picture is not large.
Round up will be posted in first week of February. Thanks to dear Priya for letting me host this event. Blogger buddies do send me your creative dishes. This is my first event and please help me make it a success.
Currently the Veggie/ Fruit Event- Cucumber is being hosted at Ambrosia till Jan'15th, so send in your cucumber entries as well to Ambrosia.