Delicious, Yummylicious, Uberlicious...that's what this milkshake is. Milkshake packed with wonderful flavours of coffee and caramel sauce makes me go ga ga for this. My friend S suggested that I should be posting some cool drinks to beat hot summer...and me being a coffeeholic I could only think of coffee...so came up with this milkshake. The caramel sauce adds a toffee kind of flavour to the shake and now I am addicted to this too.
The caramel sauce can be stored in refrigerator and should be warmed up before use. The sauce itself is so addictive that I found myself licking it shamelessly...and needless to say that shake was so good that I was through 1/4 th of the glass before realising that I have to take the photo.
Chilled Whole Milk- 1 Glass
Caramel Sauce- 2 tbsp
Powdered Sugar- 1 tsp
Instant Coffee Powder- 1/2 tsp
For Caramel Sauce:
Sugar- 1/2 Cup
Water- 2 tbsp
Butter- 2 tbsp
Whipping Cream- 1/4 Cup
- For making caramel sauce take a heavy bottomed pan and add sugar and water to it. In medium heat let the sugar melt and stir it. Once it starts boiling stop stirring and let the sugar caramelise. The pan can be swirled in between but too much stirring may cause the sugar to form lumps.
- Once the caramelised sugar turns to a dark amber colour add in butter and whisk till butter melts completely.
- Switch off the gas and add cream and whisk till everything is incorporated and a smooth caramel sauce is obtained.
- Let the sauce cool and store it in a glass jar.
- For the milkshake mix in all the ingredients in a blender and blend once.
- Serve chilled. Add in ice cubes if required and this shake can also be topped with ice cream.