This is a recipe which I had kept since quite some time but it was hiding inside my diary and was long forgotten. Yesterday while I was going through my diary, this recipe paper fell out and my daughter got hold of it. The paper was wrapper of of nestle's condensed milk. When my daughter saw the recipe picture she told mummy you should be making this...this looks so yummy. And as I had all the required ingredients I decided to make this.
The chocolate and pistachio slices were very good. Crispy in the bottom with gooey middle and crunchy on the top from the pistachios.
(Recipe Source: Nestle)
For the crust-
Plain Digestive/Marie biscuits- 200gms crumbled
Unsalted Butter- 150gms melted
For the topping-
Sweetened Condensed Milk- 1 tin(395 gms)
Butter- 50 gms
Brown Sugar- 50 gms
Cooking Chocolate- 200gms (chopped)
Pistachios- 1/2 cup( chopped)
- For the crust combine biscuits and butter then press the dough into a rectangular cake tin and bake in a pre heated oven at 190 degrees C for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Place butter, sugar, condensed milk in a non stick saucepan. Cook with stirring over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until the caramel is light golden colour and thick.
- Remove from heat and pour the caramel over the crust in the tin. Set aside to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave and stir in the pistachios. Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel topping and allow to set completely in the refrigerator.
- Cut into desired shapes to serve.