It has been quite some time since I baked any thing and this was brought to my notice by my daughter N. Suddenly after coming back from school she said "mummy it's long since you made me any muffins or cake ...why don't you make me some".
After she said this I thought of baking some thing and in the mean while I got a call from my mom. Since I started blogging ,most of the times the conversation topic between myself and my mother happens to be FOOD and when I told mom that N wants to eat some baked goodies she immediately gave me this recipe. My mom has been watching food channels lately and she had noted this recipe for me.
I was too happy as this recipe is very quick and I had all the ingredients handy. The whole process hardly takes 30 mins and I had a very happy daughter. The loaf came out very soft.
All Purpose Flour- 1 Cup
Oats- 1/2 Cup ( I used quaker)
Honey- 1/2 Cup
Brown Sugar- 1/2 Cup ( Firmly packed)
Chocolate Chips- 1/4 Cup
Baking Soda- 1/4 tsp
Salt- a pinch
Vanilla Extract- 1/4 tsp
Oil- 1/2 Cup( I used Canola Oil)
- Pre heat the oven at 170 degree C.
- Sift together APF, Baking Soda and Salt together.
- Add in other ingredients and mix well.
- Put the mixture in a greased loaf tin and press down the mixture with hands to make it even.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 22-25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool before taking out from the tin and cut in slices.Notes:
- The loaf was very sweet. Sugar may be reduced to 1/4 cup.
- I baked in 2lb loaf tin so got very thin loaf. In case of using 1 lb loaf tin the loaf will be thicker but the time of baking has to be increased accordingly.
Also sharing today are some lovely awards which I got from my lovely fellow bloggers
Malar of Kitchen Tantra
Suja of Kitchen Corner
Ammu Mohan from Rasi's Veg Bites
Lots of heartfelt thanks dearies...really appreciate your friendly gesture.
To keep the ball rolling I am passing these to some lovely bloggers: