I made this poori when my mom was here. She was really impressed and liked this a lot. I saw this recipe in Sanjeev Kapoor's show. The dough is made of semolina ... initially I was sceptical as I have never made dough out of rava, but the end result was delicious tasting poori.
For the dough:
Rava(Semolina)- 1 cup
Salt- to taste
For the filling:
Fresh Grated Coconut- 1/2 cup
Grated Carrot- 2 tbsp
Green Chillies- 2 finely chopped
Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp finely chopped
Gram Flour( Besan)- 1/4 cup
Salt - to taste
Whole Wheat Flour - for dusting
Oil - 1 tbsp for the dough + extra for frying
- Make a soft but firm dough out of semolina by adding salt, 1 tbsp oil and required amount of water.
- Cover with damp cloth and rest for 2 hours.
- Make the filling by mixing coconut,carrot, besan, green chillies and coriander leaves. Add little salt to taste.
- Take a lemon sized portion of the dough and dust it with flour and roll into small poori, place a tablespoon of filling mixture in the centre and close it.
- Roll it back in small poori's using little flour for dusting.
- Deep fry in hot oil in medium heat till light golden in colour.
Serve with curd/ raita or any sabji of choice.
Also sending this to Ayeesha's Any One Can Cook weekly event .