My family is never tired of cookies. They are always happy to try out any kind of these buttered goodies...and I am always happy to see them smile. The reason I made cookies was to send these to my daughter's class party, the kids had their last day at lower kindergarten class and they will be going to upper kindergarten from next month...that's really a proud day for them..and my daughter insisted on some home made goodies for her friends.
I used shortbread dough for these cookies and added some colour sprinkles to give these rainbow effect. And I had one proud daughter who was so happy to share her mamma made cookies.
APF- 2 Cups
Corn Flour - 1/2 Cup
Butter - 1 Cup (Room Temperature)
Castor Sugar - 3/4 Cup ( Since I was making for kids I used 3/4th cup but 1/2 cup will do)
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
Rainbow Sugar Sprinkles - 3 tbsp
- Beat the butter in a bowl with electric beater for about a minute and then add sugar and beat in medium speed for around 3-4 minutes till it turns creamy.
- Add in vanilla essence and beat again till just mixed.
- Add APF , Corn flour and Rainbow Sprinkles. Mix everything together and bring the mixture to form a ball of dough.
- Keep the dough wrapped in cling film to chill in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Take out the dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 3-4 mm in thickness.
- Cut the desire shapes with a cookie cutter and bake them in an ungreased baking tray in the pre heated oven for about 13- 15 minutes or till its very slightly golden around the edges.
- The cookies will be soft and crumbly as soon as they come out of the oven but they will harden once they cool.
- Cool them on a wired rack completely before storing them in air tight container.
Sending these cookies to Champa's bake off.