Pasta happens to be my kiddo's favourite and she likes to eat this in pizza hut here, when I saw this recipe in one of tv shows I decided to make this. She was happy to eat this in lunch and I was happy to see her eat spinach..which she is otherwise not fond of eating.
Bow Shaped Tri Colour Pasta- 1 Cup
Onion- 1 Big ( Chopped Finely)
Garlic- 3 Cloves( Chopped Finely)
Spinach- 1 Bunch
Milk- 1/2 Cup
White Pepper Powder- 1/4 tsp
Mixed Italian Seasoning- 1/4 tsp
Salt- As required
Cheese- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp for garnishing
Olive Oil- 1 tbsp
For White Sauce-
Butter- 2 tbsp
APF- 2 tbsp
Milk- 300 ml
- Boil water in a saucepan along with little salt and olive oil and add the pasta. Cook till done. Strain the pasta . I cooked the pasta softer since I was making this for my kid.
- Blanch the spinach leaves in hot water and then drain it, immediately put the blanched spinach in cold water to avoid discolouration. Then chop the spinach and keep aside.
- Make white sauce by heating butter and then add all purpose flour and stir for a minute then add milk little by little and keep whisking to avoid lumps from being formed. Boil the sauce till thick consistency is reached. Add white pepper powder and little salt.
- In another pan heat butter and add chopped onions and garlic, saute till translucent. Add the chopped spinach and cook for a while then add 1/2 cup of milk and cook for sometime.
- Add white sauce, salt, 1 tbsp of cheese and italian seasoning. Stir and bring everything together. If the sauce is very thick then little water can be added.
- Add the cooked pasta and incorporate everything together. Switch off the gas and garnish with other tablespoon of cheese.
Sending this delicious pasta to-
Hearth and Soul Blog Hop Volume 37 at Girlichef
Presto Pasta Nights at Ruth's Blog