This remains one of my favourite dishes. This is my maa's recipe and I still demand her to make this whenever I visit her place. Very easy to make and tasty to eat.
Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 200 gms (crumbled)
Peas - 1/2 cup ( I used frozen)
Puree of 2-3 tomatoes
Cashewnuts - around 10
Poppy seeds (Khus khus)- 1 tblsp
Mustard, Cumin seeds - 1 tsp each
Coriander leaves - to garnish
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder, Shahi paneer masala or garam masala - 1 tsp
- Soak cashewnuts and khus khus in around 1/2 cup of water for 3-4 hrs. Then grind a fine paste and keep aside.
- Boil the peas till tender.
- In oil add the mustard and cumin seeds, once they splutter add the boiled peas and stir fry for about 2-3 mins.
- Then add the tomato puree and the spices and cook till the mixture starts leaving oil and the spices release flavour. If the mixture is very dry add little water.
- Then add the crumbled panner and cashewnut-khus khus paste, mix everthing nicely.
- At this stage fresh cream can be added to increase the richness of the dish. I did not add the cream as I dont want to add extra flabs to my ever increasing waistline.
- Switch off the gas and add coriander leaves.