Thursday, December 2, 2010

Paneer and Peas in tomato gravy


This remains one of my favourite dishes. This is my maa's recipe and I still demand her to make this whenever I visit her place. Very easy to make and tasty to eat.





Ingredients required:

Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 200 gms (crumbled)
Peas - 1/2 cup ( I used frozen)
Puree of 2-3 tomatoes
Cashewnuts - around 10
Poppy seeds (Khus khus)- 1 tblsp
Mustard, Cumin seeds - 1 tsp each
Oil
Coriander leaves - to garnish

Spices :
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder, Shahi paneer masala or garam masala - 1 tsp


Procedure:
  • Soak cashewnuts and khus khus in around 1/2 cup of water for 3-4 hrs. Then grind a fine paste and keep aside.
  • Boil the peas till tender.
  • In oil add the mustard and cumin seeds, once they splutter add the boiled peas and stir fry for about 2-3 mins.
  • Then add the tomato puree and the spices and cook till the mixture starts leaving oil and the spices release flavour. If the mixture is very dry add little water.
  • Then add the crumbled panner and cashewnut-khus khus paste, mix everthing nicely.
  • At this stage fresh cream can be added to increase the richness of the dish. I did not add the cream as I dont want to add extra flabs to my ever increasing waistline.
  • Switch off the gas and add coriander leaves.
Enjoy this with hot rotis or parathas , and it even tastes great with rice.














2 comments:

Please leave a comment. Your views are much appreciated.

ShareThis

Post From The Past

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...