Holiday season is here and I often hear my daughter asking for some yummy snacks. I prepared chana masala for my hubby's tiffin box and was left with some boiled chick peas, so I came up with this recipe.
Though my daughter N is not very fond of chick peas but she loved these fried buttons.
Boiled Chick Peas - 1 cup
Large bread slices- 3
Besan - 2 tblsp
Milk - 3 tblsp
Lemon juice - 1 tblsp
Amchoor ( Mango powder) - 1/2 tsp
Salt, Chilli powder - to taste
Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tblsp
Oil - To fry
- Grind the chick peas without any water.
- Soak the bread slices in milk just for few seconds then squeeze the bread.
- Mix the chick peas, bread, besan, lemon juice, coriander leaves, amchoor, salt and chilli powder. Mix everything together to form a smooth dough. The dough will look like this-
- Make small balls of the mixture and flatten little to look like buttons.
- Heat oil and fry the buttons on medium to high flame till nice golden brown.
- The buttons will disintegrate if the flame is low.
Enjoy the buttons hot with some tomato ketchup.
Also sending this to Any One Cook :Series 9 started by Ayeesha of Taste of Pearl City.