What to do with 2 raw bananas lying in your fridge ? simple.... make some yummy cutlets. As my daughter's holidays are continuing I have to of give her something good to eat. In her words yummy snacks. Initially I wanted to make some bhajji's but I already made them last week, so this was what I came up with. She wanted to have all different kinds of shapes of cutlet ranging from gingerbread man to birdies, but I somehow convinced her to settle with heart shaped ones.
Raw Bananas - 2
Medium sized Potatoes - 2
Bread - 2 slices
Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves - few sprigs (finely chopped)
Salt, Red chilli powder - to taste
Amchoor - 1 tsp
Oil - to fry
- Cut the potatoes length wise in two and pressure cook them till done.
- Cut the raw bananas in half and pressure cook them for 1 whistle.
- Peel the skin of boiled potatoes and mash them.
- Peel the skin of bananas and grate them.
- Soak the bread in little water for few seconds and squeeze them. Keep aside.
- Mix together potatoes, bananas, bread, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt, red chilli powder and amchoor. Knead everything to a nice dough.
- Take small ball of dough and shape as desired.
- Fry 2-3 at a time in hot oil in medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.