My kitchen was filled with aroma of oranges when these plumpish cookies were being baked. I have a small collection of Women's Weekly -Australia magazine recipes and adapted these from there.
Ingredients: Yield 23 cookies
All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Almond meal - 1/4 cup
Zest of 4 oranges
Powdered Sugar - 6 tbsp + little more for sprinkling on top of cookies
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup (cold)
Oil - 1/3 cup (I used canola oil)
- Pre heat oven at 190 deg C.
- Sift APF, WWF, sugar and baking soda together in a big bowl.
- Add in almond meal and orange zest and mix everything together nicely.
- Add in milk and oil and bring the mixture together.
- Make small balls of the mixture and place in baking tray a little apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies for 30 mins or till golden brown from outside.
- Take them out and let it cool for sometime , sprinkle some powdered sugar on top with a sieve before digging into them.
Sending this to bake off event started by Champa of Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen.