Puff pastry sheets can create wonderful dishes ranging from vegetable stuffed puffs to some yummy pastries and tarts. My refrigerator is mostly stuffed with Royal Gala apples, cause that's what N (my dear daughter) likes... she finds that other apples are powdery, if I give any other variety of apple in her lunch box it comes back...In a supermarket shelf displaying atleast 7 to 8 varieties of apples she always recognises her Royal Gala's... phew..the kids...but I also find these galas very crispy as compared to others and they have got good amount of sweetness too.
Pic source: wikipedia
Usually I make apple crumble .. but this time I made these impressive and quick tarts with apples, cinnamon and topped them with some flour, sugar and oats.. this can be whipped up very easily.
Puff Pastry Sheets - 5 ( I got 4x4 inches square sheets)
Royal Gala Apple - 2
Lemon juice - of 1/2 lemon
Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
Cinnamon Powder- 1/2 tsp
Honey- 1 tsp
Salt- 1/4 tsp
For the topping:
Oats- 3 tbsp
APF- 1 tbsp
Brown Sugar- 1 tbsp
Walnuts - 1 tbsp( chopped)
Melted Butter- 1 tbsp
Milk for brushing the sheets
- Pre- heat the oven to 210 deg C.
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets according to the instructions given in the pack.
- De seed the apples and cut them into half thereafter cutting thin slices. Mix lemon juice in the apples.
- Add cinnamon powder, brown sugar, salt and honey... mix well gently.
- In another bowl mix the ingredients for topping.
- Arrange the thawed puff pastry sheets in a baking tray which has been greased with little butter.
- Brush the sheets with milk then arrange the apple slices in middle of the sheet in straight line overlapping each other. Leave all four sides of the sheet to let the pastry puff up.
- Sprinkle the topping mix.
- Bake them in the pre heated oven for 20 mins or till sheets turn golden brown.
Serve with some whipped cream or nice cool ice cream.
Sending this to CWF- Oats event started by Sumadhura and hosted by Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes.
Also this goes to Hearth and Soul event.