Poori's are made rarely in my kitchen... but whenever made poori's disappear in no time.... These green peas poori's are very easy to make and tasty too..these can be made in a jiffy and are definitely guest pleaser. During winter my mom used to make these very often. The recipe which I am sharing is one of Tarla Dalal's but I have made some changes. These poori's are usually served with potato sabzi but we love it with fresh curd and tangy lemon pickle.
For the Dough:
Whole Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Fresh Curd- 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
For the Filling:
Green Peas Boiled - 1 1/2 cups
Green Chillies- 2 or 3
Ginger- 1 inch piece
Caraway Seeds- 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds- 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala- 1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice- 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying the poori's
Wheat flour for dusting
- Mix flour, salt and curd and knead with some warm water to make a soft dough.
- Dry grind together peas, green chillies and ginger. The mixture should be little coarse.
- Heat 1 tsp oil and add caraway and fennel, once they splutter add the green peas mixture and stir to mix everything.
- Add in Salt, Chaat masala and flour and cook till mixture becomes dry.
- Off the gas and add the lemon juice. Let the mixture cool before stuffing in the poori.
- Take a lemon sized portion of the dough and dust it with flour and roll into small poori, place a tablespoon of mixture in the centre and close it.
- Roll out the poori again taking care not to make it very thin else the stuffing will come out while frying and poori will be very oily.
- Deep fry in hot oil in medium heat until golden brown in colour. Repeat the process with remaining dough and mixture.
Also sending this to Torview's Food Palette Series Green Event.