Pav buns - 12
Potatoes - 2 big
Capsicum - 1 big
Cabbage - 1 cup
Cauliflower - 1/2 cup
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Tomatoes - 3 big
Onions- 2 big
Ginger, garlic paste- 1tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tblsp
Pav bhaji masala - 2 tblsp
Salt, Red chilli powder - to taste
Lemon - 1/2
Oil - 2 tblsp
Butter - 2 tblsp and extra to toast the pavs
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and cut in small cubes, chop cabbage and cauliflower.
- Pressure cook the potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, green peas along with some salt and turmeric powder for 4-5 whistles.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and capsicum finely.
- Heat oil and add the onions, saute till it gets translucent, then add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the tomatoes and capsicum. Fry for sometime till soft.
- Add pavbhaji masala , salt and red chilli powder. Mix everthing nicely. Add 2-3 tbsps of water.
- Keep mashing with a masher in between so that everything gets mushy and mixture starts leaving oil.
- Then add the pressure cooked vegetables and keep on mixing and mashing.
- Adjust seasoning according to your taste buds. Mix in 2 tbsp of butter and switch off gas and add lemon juice.
- In a flat tava put butter and toast the pav buns. The pavs can also be toasted by adding little salt and pavbhaji masala in the butter.
Enjoy pav bhaji hot with some chopped onions. Perfect food for cold evenings.