As the name itself suggests naram dil meaning soft heart this delicious kabab has got cheese filling giving it soft and melting insides. Any chutney will be good with these kababs but we had it with date and tamarind chutney.
Potatoes - 3 medium sized boiled, peeled and mashed
Spinach - 1 bunch
Green peas - 1/2 cup boiled and mashed
Coriander leaves - 2-3 tblsp chopped
Cornflour - 2 tblsp
Salt, chaat masala and red chilli powder to taste
For the filling:
Cheddar cheese - 1/4 cup grated
Raisins - 1 tblsp
Cashew nuts broken - 1 tblsp
Oil to fry
- Blanch the spinach leaves, drain and squeeze the water and chop the leaves.
- Mix the potatoes, spinach leaves, coriander leaves, green peas, cornflour and all the spices and mash and mix nicely.
- Mix all the ingredients for filling.
- Take the kabab mixture and make balls out of the mixture, make a hole in the centre of the ball and stuff the cheese filling.
- Flatten the balls little and fry in hot oil till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
Update: Sending this to Torviewtoronto's Food Palette Series Green Event